Micro Soldering Repairs
Triangle Cellular Repair is proud to announce that we are now offering advanced micro soldering repairs! This highly technical repair service might save you from the expense of purchasing a new device.
What is Micro Soldering?
Micro soldering repairs are motherboard component-level repairs that are performed with a microscope and other specialty equipment. They involve our technicians working with parts that are smaller than a grain of rice in order to restore functionality to your device. TCR is able to repair and replace capacitors, connectors, and rework other types of motherboard-level damage. Often these repairs come from customers that have exhausted simple repair options like screen replacement (which we do too!) and want to avoid costly device-replacement options.
Our Most Common Micro Soldering Repairs:
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Touch IC Disease (Gray Bar)
- iPhone 6, 6S, 6 Plus, and 6S Plus searching issues
- Charging Tristar U2 IC – fake charging or accessory not supported
- Charge port replacement
- iPhone and Apple MacBook backlight repair
- HDMI and USB ports on:
- Laptops: HP, Dell, Asus, Lenovo and more
- Consoles: Xbox / Xbox One/ Xbox One S, Play Station PS3 / PS4, Nintendo Switch, WiiU and controllers
- Data recovery (sometimes related to water and liquid damage)
- Broken connector or FPC replacement
- Car computer, ECU, or gauge cluster repair
- Damage from attempted repairs from elsewhere or DIY attempts
- Other uncommon repairs such as TV remote, hoverboards, battery banks, baby monitors, key fobs, and almost anything that has a battery
Micro soldering is especially useful in fixing the known issue with the touch IC chips in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. This issue causes flickering of the screen, intermittent touch function, and often there is a gray bar at the top of the screen. These IC chips are not well-secured to the circuit board and, combined with the tendency of the phone to bend slightly, it is easy for the bonds to break. Many repair shops simply reheat the chips in an effort to restore the failed bonds, but micro soldering allows us to clean out the old solder and any oxidation which creates a new, clean, stronger bond.
The Android devices are known for charging ports loosening or breaking with time. Micro soldering allows us to easily fix these charge ports on your tablet or phone.
A damaged backlight on a mobile device can cause a very dark screen or no light output at all. Typically the phone still functions but the user cannot see or use the screen. Microsoft, Wii and Playstation consoles can be repaired also. Common repairs for these devices are HDMI ports, USB ports, controllers, and power adapters. These repair options can save you hundreds of dollars and get you back to your games in a matter of hours.
TCR has been successfully fixing cell phones and tablets in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area since 2012. We understand how critical your devices are and we work hard to make repairs as quick and cost-effective as possible. We offer a 90-day warranty on all repairs as well. If your device requires micro soldering, please give us a call today at 919-263-2699 for immediate assistance. No appointments are necessary and we are happy to help!